Sunday, April 12, 2015

Books of My Life







Favorite Childhood Books
  Day of the Dragon King by Mary Pope Osborne
 To be honest, I hated almost all of the books in the "Magic Tree House" series; except for this one. There was always something about two young kids wondering through the crowded streets of China searching for a lost book, that seemed to peek my interest. I guess it was the suspense and angst  behind the possibility of Annie and Jack not finding the book and not being able to go back to reality.
 



                 Babar's Little Girl by Laurent de Brunhoff
  
As a young girl, I had my mom read this book to me every night before I went to sleep. I remember when "Babar" the television show aired on PBS right before lunch time, and this book was the first televised adaptation I had seen; from then on I was hooked. Not to mention the elephant is my favorite animal.



A Book that Made Laugh

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me By Mindy Kaling


Some of you might recognize the name of the author because
she not only writes books but is an actress( famously known
for her role on "The Office" as Kelly Kapoor and former
screenplay writer to another hit television show, "Saturday Night Live".
To be honest I hated "The Office" so as you can imagine when I
first spotted my mother reading a book written by one of the shows
characters I wasn't to keen on it. Eventually I decided to take a look
at it myself and couldn't put it down. Oh how incredibly funny
it was! In my mind nothing is funnier than coming across
 embarrassing situations and realizing that you're not the
 only one who has encountered them. This novel will
 most defiantly  turn that frown upside down.


Favorite Book Read For School

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Now if your life me and into autobiographies/memoirs
than this book will blow your mind. When I had first picked this book
up to read over the summer for my English class, I regretted my choice
before even opening the book. It was HUGE! Ok, maybe I'm
exaggerating but the book was fairly large, and seemingly too
much for me to handle until I started reading. I guess it becomes a
personal thing but I am very keen as mentioned before to relatable
scenarios and this book had all of that, which not only made it enjoyable
but  memorable!


Top Book on My Must Read List

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Ok, so I really don't know anyone who either hasn't read
 this book or seen the movie but either way I've heard its
great. I purchased the book a few months ago only to reach
the halfway mark and never pick it up again. Maybe it's due
to laziness (most likely) or maybe I'm just afraid of
disappointment. What happens if the book is awesome
and I wasted time debating  on something pointless?
Or what if the book turns out to suck and I turn out to
be one of the suckers who purchased the novel based on
opinion? I guess that makes me a hypocrite since I write
a book blog, doesn't it?



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment