Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Out Of My Comfort Zone

The 19th Century and Science Fiction



Up until a few days ago the only book I had read written in the 19th century was "Persuasion" by Jane Austen and I was so impressed with the " old english" writting style and imagination that I never picked up another one of her boooks again. Seriously though, I did enjoy the book but the amount of times I had to pick up a dictionary just to understand one sentence was annoying. When it came to reading "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" I was once again impressed with the creativity of the story line but I also find myself a bit bored. There were times where certain scenes in the book were just so predictable that it took the suspense out of the mystery but yet again this novel is considered premature to the 21st century horror/mystery flicks and stories one is used to seeing or hearing.

All in all the novel was brilliantly written and yes I would recommend the novel to others but only to those who enjoy classics and don't mind picking up a dictionary every couple of sentences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment